Cytology and Women’s Health Panels
Cytology is the microscopic evaluation of cells that are spontaneously exfoliated or physically removed from human tissues. Cervicovaginal cytology (Pap smear) has a role in the detection of premalignant changes or early cancer of the uterine cervix. censonRX Labs has the capability to process liquid-based Paps via Hologic’s ThinPrep®. Should abnormalities arise, the slide is manually reviewed by a cytopathologist, who focuses his/her interpretive skills on microscopic examination of the cells.
Cystic Fibrosis Screening
- Cystic Fibrosis is the most common genetic disease in the United States.
- Our panel has the most comprehensive mutation coverage. Multiplex genotyping – no reflex testing necessary.
- Our test exceeds the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and the American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG) recommendations for Cystic Fibrosis screening.
- The test is administered by a buccal swab of the mouth – no blood draw required.
- Second generation IVD assay with 100% overall accuracy and >99% precision.
- Our laboratory results are available 3-5 days following receipt of the sample.
- Thrombophilia is a condition where the blood has an increased tendency to form clots.
- Our test assesses the risk of clinical complications associated with thrombophilia in women during pregnancy.
- Assesses the effectiveness of prophylactic treatments in preventing venous thromboembolism (VTE) and adverse pregnancy outcomes in women with thrombophilia during pregnancy.
- Our Thrombophilia panel tests for:
- Factor V Leiden (F5)
- Methylenetetrahydrofolate Reductase (MTHFR)
- Coagulation Factor II (F2)